Who puts on unSCruz? You do!
PARTICIPATE at unSCruz 2018, fill out and submit the VOLUNTEER APPLICATION. If you want to participate before or after the event, let us know! We will review your application, contact you with further details and do our best to line up your desires with the specific needs of unSCruz.
Have a theme camp or larger than life art? Check out our placement info.
- Parking: Being a Parking Volunteer is a great way to greet your friends new and old at unSCruz. You get to be a greeter and share their excitement. They will need to know where to park, and you will know where to point them so they can get inside asap. Thanks!
- Shuttle: Shuttle crew takes over once the parking crew gets them parked. We pick up the attendees and their camping gear and drive them into the fairgrounds to find a place to camp. Shuttle crew is important as we are the ambassadors for unscruz during the short journey in.
- Box Office: Be a part of the most fast paced volunteer position at the event. Help with checking in tickets.
- Greeters: We are the inviting smile of unSCruz! Greeters will play an important role in welcoming participants as they first arrive onsite. We will offer the programming booklet, and general orientation knowledge as people arrive, helping to familiarize them with the map and campgrounds. Wide smiles and enthusiastic friendliness to strangers required 🙂
- Decor: Decor team helps add to the aesthetic ambiance of the event – creating and placing lighting and decorative elements both indoors and out to enhance the unSCruz experience! Ignite your creative side and help us deck out the event grounds!
- DPW: Department of Public Works (DPW) are the movers and shakers of unSCruz; we move things around so you can shake your booty in the various dance spaces. You will be arranging tables, chairs, pop-ups, and other various items for the event.
- Load-In Team: Do you have a passion for helping with moving stuff off trucks? Helping people unpack? Showing up early to events? Do you fix broken lights in your house with gaffer’s tape? In a past life, were you a member of a moving company? Then Load-In team is for you.
- Kitchen/Hospitality: Hospitality is where vital culinary sustenance is created for the hardworking unSCruz staff. If you enjoy working with food, washing dishes, delivering hot meals, and being with fellow foodies, this is the place for you. Food preparation/service skills are welcomed but not required.
- Leave No Trace (Earth Guardians): We are looking to leave it better than we found it. Like recycling? Does moop (Matter Out Of Place) offend you? Then perhaps Leave No Trace is the department for YOU! Come and staff our table and educate the community in ways of leaving no trace.
- Center Camp:
- Playa Info:
- Strike Team:
- Sound Control:
- Wild Card: Undecided? Pick the Wild Card option, and we will find the right department for you!
We’re excited to see what you’re bringing and help you find the perfect spot for your camp or art for unSCruz 2018! Please review the following information and then fill out the Placement Request:
- Footprint: This should include all tents, RVs, art cars, and chill space that you’re planning on bringing
- Power: Power is extremely limited at the fairgrounds. Theme Camps will have first priority to both RV hook-ups and extension cord poached power. Be prepared to be self sufficient just like you are at Burning Man. That said, power is available, but please be mindful of your power consumption as we don’t want to blow out the circuits and crash the grid. Use battery operated lights whenever possible and if you’re going to plug in, please use LED lights. Generators are highly discouraged, so be mindful, respectful and resourceful. Bring extension cords and have a great time.
- Sound: The fairgrounds sound policy is quite restrictive. Please help us keep this great venue and keep sound to a minimum after 7 pm. Renegade sound could jeopardize the entire event
- Vehicle passes: In an effort to maximize space for FUN and tent camping, all personal vehicles MUST be parked in the parking lot. If you are not actually sleeping in your vehicle, please do not purchase a vehicle pass! If your car is inside the event and not being utilized as a sleeping space, you will be asked to move your vehicle down to a designated parking area that does not interfere with potential camping space for others. We have a fantastic shuttle service available to bring you both into and out of the event, so don’t spend money where you don’t have to. Leave your car in the lot!
- Frontage: All camps will be placed along a “street” just like at Burning Man. Remember those streets will be used by pedestrians and art cars so it’s important to keep them clear of obstacles