Do I need to buy a vehicle pass to park out in the parking lot outside the event?

No, parking is FREE. There will be shuttles to help you bring your camping gear inside. Vehicles without passes will remain in the parking lot which is VERY NEARBY, less than 100 yards away. RV/Camper Passes are only for people who need to have their vehicle inside the event. PLEASE don’t panic if you don’t get one; your car will be less than 100 yards from the interior. You can return to your car at anytime.

11 Comments

1. Super Suz

Hi Leads of UnScruz,
    Some East Bay Burners want to really promote your event as one of our events that we go to as a group. We want to know if, since all the parking passes are sold out, can we still bring an RV and park it in the parking lot so we can create an EBB meal plan for East Bay Burners. Basically, we want to make and eat dinners and a lunch together in one place. Can we still do that?

1. BaileyQueue (Post author)

We’re looking into this and will let you know.

2. swimbikerunburn

I am in the same situation. There are a group of 3-4 of us who would like to go as a group. We are not interested in applying for placement, but we would like to stay together. Since all parking passes are sold out, can we still bring the RV and park in the parking lot and cook/camp out there?

3. Toni

OK. I’m starting to freak out a little here… Never been to Burning Man and was SO looking forward to a taste it at this event, but the whole thing was based on my coming down from SF with 3 friends in my RV. I assumed that since RV’s & buses go into Burning Man, I’d be able to bring mine in as well. Are we really not going to be able to park there? If not, will we be able to park in this parking lot and walk in? Please, what is the distance between the parking lot and the event? I’m not at all familiar with the Santa Cruz Fairgrounds :/ Not freaking out… Not freaking out… AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

4. Toni

And I already bought the tickets!

1. BaileyQueue (Post author)

You can also park in the lot which is about 200 feet from the event. And yes, you can go back to your vehicle. No partying in the parking lot.

5. Joyful

Will there be a shuttle to the far parking lot (200′ from event)?

1. BaileyQueue (Post author)

Yes there will be.

6. Olga

Just to make sure I got everything right, it is ok to come on RV and park outside the event ground (which is about 200 feet away from the gates), right? Thank you

7. BaileyQueue (Post author)

No. All camper vehicles must purchase an RV/Camper Pass.

1. flap

All vehicle passes are sold out. Correct? But there are RV/camper passes for sale? But the only parking is in the free lot really close, where no “partying” is allowed? Is camping allowed in the parking area? Can participants utilize vehicles for eating and sleeping? This isn’t clear to me. Thank you for your kind attention.