Join us as we bring the spirit of Burning Man to Santa Cruz County through radical self expression and radical inclusion. Get ready for three fun-filled DAYS of art, performance, music, costuming, DJs, mutant vehicles and more!
This event is driven by what YOU bring to it: volunteering, performing, theme camps, etc. unSCruz is an official Burning Man Regional Event. This means we are endorsed by Burning Man, but we receive NO money from them. We are NON-commercial in every way; we abide by the 10 principles. Everyone is a volunteer; no one is paid a penny.
It has also been important to us to keep our prices reasonable. The event barely sustains itself on a very SMALL budget. Therefore, participating at unSCruz does not automatically equate to getting a free ticket. Had we given free tickets to every performer, artist, theme camp & volunteer, unSCruz would NOT exist.
- Read this: unSCruz FAQs
- Bring everything you need into the event! There will be shuttles to help with haulin’ your stuff inside. Vehicles without passes will remain in the (very nearby) parking lot.
- There are only a limited number of vehicles allowed inside; must have special pass.
- Respect your neighbors, respect the staff, respect the Fairgrounds.
- LASERS: Handheld lasers are not allowed at this event.
- LEAVE NO TRACE! You are part of the Leave No Trace team. Pack out whatever you brought in. Please pick up any trash, paper, feathery bits.
- Perform random acts of art, kindness, and giving.
- NO renegade sound, firearms, fireworks, or unapproved fire performance or fire art.
- Volunteer! This is a volunteer-driven event!
- This is a PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT Event! Bring enough of your own food and water to survive for three days in a not-so-harsh coastal environment.
Check back periodically for the latest updated information about the 8th annual unSCruz.