Get Wristband BEFORE boarding Shuttle
You must check in at the box office and attire yourself with event wristband before you attempt to board the shuttle. Anyone without a wristband will not be allowed shuttle access.
Join us as we bring the spirit of Burning Man to Santa Cruz County through radical self expression and radical inclusion. Get ready for three fun-filled DAYS of art, performance, music, costuming, DJs, mutant vehicles and more!
This event is driven by what YOU bring to it: volunteering, performing, theme camps, etc. unSCruz is an official Burning Man Regional Event. This means we are endorsed by Burning Man, but we receive NO money from them. We are NON-commercial in every way; we abide by the 10 principles. Everyone is a volunteer; no one is paid a penny.
It has also been important to us to keep our prices reasonable. The event barely sustains itself on a very SMALL budget. Therefore, participating at unSCruz does not automatically equate to getting a free ticket. Had we given free tickets to every performer, artist, theme camp & volunteer, unSCruz would NOT exist.
So we hope that those of you who can afford to support us through purchasing a ticket will do so. We don’t want to seem ungrateful; we merely must cover the costs of this event. We strive to make it a meaningful, fun experience. We believe in 2016 the event will sell out, so get your tickets early! Only 1500 tickets sold. All surplus funds will go towards art grants, scholarship tickets for low budget attendees, and making the event sustainable and even more awesome.
DATES & TIMES
Friday May 6th (noon) thru Sunday May 8th (3 pm)
Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds
2601 East Lake Avenue, Watsonville, CA 95076
Saturday: 8 am-midnight
Sunday: 8 am-noon (the event ends at 3 pm and you must be cleared out by 5 pm)
Camp/Art placement is now Closed.
Performer both fire and non-fire submission closed April 22nd
Forms and additional information are located under “Participation.”
- Read this: unSCruz FAQs
- Bring everything you need into the event! There will be shuttles to help with haulin’ your stuff inside. Vehicles without passes will remain in the (very nearby) parking lot.
- There are only a limited number of vehicles allowed inside; must have special pass.
- Respect your neighbors, respect the staff, respect the Fairgrounds.
- LASERS: Handheld lasers are not allowed at this event.
- LEAVE NO TRACE! You are part of the Leave No Trace team. Pack out whatever you brought in. Please pick up any trash, paper, feathery bits.
- Perform random acts of art, kindness, and giving.
- NO renegade sound, firearms, fireworks, or unapproved fire performance or fire art.
- Volunteer! This is a volunteer-driven event! Fill out the Volunteer Form and let us know how you would like to help the community out.
- Join us at our group soundboard on Trello where you can create and manifest ideas with your fellow unSCruzers.
- This is a PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT Event! Bring enough of your own food and water to survive for three days in a not-so-harsh coastal environment.
Check back periodically for the latest updated information about the 6th annual unSCruz.